Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 4 - Shopping the other Paris Markets !!!

Spitting rain woke me up this morning, but it didn't dampen my spirits as I raced out the door early this morning! Rain or no rain...it still is Paris after all!!!!
(wood and brass vintage ornaments)
(these are tiny French Brass Pins)
 
Lucky for me the rain was almost over by the time I reached Porte de Vanves (please see one of my previous posts about Vanves Market). So nice to see my old friends/dealers still there and a nice crowd turned out even with the weather and Chatou going on.

Next stop, a couple of the neighborhood flea markets that pop-up around the city from time to time. What fun!

*** One of the markets was situated at the base of Sacre Coure at Metro Anvers. I love going there to shop for fabrics...yummy documented reproductions of historic Toile de Jouy are my personal favorites! But beware! This area is known for its pick pockets! Always, no matter where you go , you should be on the alert for such matters, and although (knock on wood) I have never been a victim of these grabby hands, I know those who have! ***

Here are just a few more pictures of the goodies I brought back to the studio today!
Awesome Champagne Buckets and a large Wicker covered water Jug from Lourdes ( where the healing waters are)
And these little beauties may have to visit my own Chateau for a while before I let you have them!!!
Until tomorrow...I'm dining on Mousse du Carnard and Fromage Poivre with Pain and a petite Rouge! yummy!
Bisou bisou, Lee

No comments: