Saturday, April 11, 2015

Thinking of Monet's Studio

As I pack my suitcases for another long weekend in Paris
for a buying trip....
I can't help but think of the fabulous treasures I will find in the markets in Paris itself and surrounding areas. While I love finding the old gilt fragments, the odd shaped brass and zinc pieces, etc.
You know my biggest joy is finding the paintings....
whether oil, watercolors, gouache, or pastel,
I am always drawn to the beautiful and interesting.
You know as an artist myself,
each painting goes through a quick list of criterior that each painting has to meet before I make an offer. Its not about price, unless it is too "tres cher" for my budget, but if it meets this list AND it talks to me, then I have to have it for you!
As I think and dream about the paintings I might find, and of what work they will need....
cleaning, mending, re-framing, etc in my own studio....
I think about one of my favorite artist, Claude Monet, and his studio at Giverny.
Being able to build ones own studio, any size, and be surrounded by your works everyday!
I wonder if he knew how lucky he was to have the time space and certainly the talent that possessed him?
Come along with me and gaze upon Monet's wonderful studio at Giverny....









Merci, mon ami Claude Monet !!!
and Merci beaucoup to The Giverny Foundation and Giverny-Impression
for providing the wonderful photos!

No comments: